Wednesday 2 January 2013

Not a resolution.

I started jogging before Christmas and it was great.  I felt knackered after running, but it was that good kind of knackered that lets you know you've used your body for what it has done for thousands of years - that is 'to move about'!  I had a break for a few weeks due to a minor injury, but i'm back to normal now and looking forward to getting back to it.

Current state of play is that I weigh 207.4lbs and the weight appears to be made up of more fat than I'd like.  Also, the fat has sneakily found it's way to places that make it hard for me to comfortably put my socks on in the morning!  This makes me feel old and incapable. I'm 30 by the way.

I want to lose some of that inconvenient extra weight, develop a good set of lungs and strengthen my core.  After that I might consider building muscle and involving myself in a few timed running events, but ultimately my main aim is to get this sack of blood and bones in decent working order.

I'll aim to update once a month with a few statistics and later on some 'before and after' photos just to see what, if any, physical changes take place.

Because I'm a complete novice I will happily take any suggestions you have with regards to training techniques, useful websites, handy applications, clothing suggestions, dietary advice and anything else you think might help me with turning this soft, slightly squashy mind-carrier into the amazing collection of organs that the human body can, and used to, be.

If you're reading this and have any advice, please feel free to leave it in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment