Sunday 15 March 2015

What's new in 2015 so far?





Somehow it's March already with January and February being a mere memory, and a hazy one at that. I think I've left it long enough that this won't be considered a 'new year, new me' style statement that I dislike so much.

My last post was about what I did on the first day of my tattoo apprenticeship, way back in August(!) last year. My current position is that I am on a hiatus from the studio as there is no longer room for us all in the shop, and being able to commit to just one day a week it seemed logical that I step away for a while.

That isn't to say I'm not still wanting to get back into it. I've had a bit of time to reflect on the time that I have spent at the studio and I can see that I didn't embrace the opportunity as energetically as I could have. I was told from the outset that I wouldn't be pushed to progress, that I would learn at my own pace. Sadly, I didn't really push myself! So, progress was non-existant and I'm pretty much in the same position now as I was in August.

I plan to use the time I have available at weekends to continue working on the basics so when I get back into the studio I should be able to contribute more to my learning with actual tattooing, rather than washing tea spoons.

I've just ordered a direct drive from Rotary Works and it's first task will be to put this little axe into my skin.



Aside from the above, 2015 has been 'business as usual' in terms of drawing. I've done a few more InstaPortraits and experimented with a bit of NeoTrad style illustrations. 

    

Here's something a little different to what I normally do;



No comments:

Post a Comment